Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm changing schools, and I feel guilty?

This whole year has been a big debate for me. I've had to choose between two choices for freshman year next year: my *very* expensive private school, which has great people, great students, and the best education I could get. 99% of the people there go on to college. But as I said, it's very expensive...and everybody there is the same person, if you catch my drift. Same person, different skin. Good people, but they're all the same. My twin sister goes to the public school, and I know some people there that seem alright. I'm kinda friends with my sister's best friend and her younger sister. Jess, my twin, said that her friends would like me and I could hang out with them. Plus, it's public school, so it's free. But now I feel guilty because I'm leaving some of my friends, although my best friend is also moving, but to a fine arts school. Also, apparently the people at the office called my mom because my dad *finally* told them I was leaving, and Mrs. Jiongo told my mom that if i ever wanted to come back we had a friend in the attendance office, and Mr. Coffee, my science teacher, said that I was a great student, they really didn't want to lose me, and he was going to write the man in charge of financial aid and see if he could help. We told them we were leaving for financial reasons, and that is a big part of it, but if I had decided that I wanted to stay, I would have stayed. I didn't *need* to move. Now I feel super guilty, and I'm still not even sure if I will like public school. I've never been! Did I make the wrong choice by moving?

No comments:

Post a Comment